VHB is seeking a Civil Engineer with 5+ years of experience to join its new and growing Land Development group in our Charlotte, NC office. Our Charlotte office is a recent addition to our growing Mid-Atlantic group and is experiencing tremendous growth. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic organization and become a member of a growing team while working on assignments throughout the Carolinas from initial scoping through construction for a wide range of land development projects. Position is ideal for someone who is looking for a ground floor Project Management position and rapid professional growth.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
As a Civil Engineer with VHB, you will…
- Work within a multidisciplinary team of professionals to develop site/civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of projects
- Manage and Support preparation of land development design and permitting documents
- Review, study and design projects focusing on the current North and South Carolina Stormwater Regulations
- Responsible for assigned client relationships, visibility and business development activities
- Manage, prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed
- Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design/permitting issues
- Lead design team activities
- Have the opportunity to manage project tasks and development of other staff
- Identify and develop new project opportunities and assist in proposal submissions
Like a challenge?
If you exhibit strong leadership and technical skills, you will have the opportunity to take our junior designers to the next level all while getting the great exposure to a project manager career path.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of civil engineering experience in Land Development, mostly within a consulting firm
- Strong hands-on design experience with solid report writing skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer in North Carolina preferred
- Proficient in site layout, grading, utility design and stormwater management, knowledge of North Carolina and South Carolina Stormwater Regulations desired
- AutoCAD experience required, Civil 3D preferred, and WaterCAD experience desired
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally. VHB employees enjoy a team work environment, meaningful mentorship by senior professionals and great work life balance.