Our customer is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. They enhance national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Odyssey is looking for a Civil Engineer to design and supervise the construction of roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges and water supply and sewage systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design and supervise the construction of roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges and water supply and sewage systems
• Evaluate the cost effectiveness, timing, reliability and safety of certain design models to determine project feasibility
• Analyze and evaluate impact of project to government regulations and potential environmental hazards
• Bachelor degree in engineering required
• 5-7 years’ experience required
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
• Team player and detail oriented
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports
• Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Los Alamos, NM, 87544
• Travel: No Travel Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.