DLZ Corporation recognizes the importance of serving the transportation industry’s needs. DLZ performs traffic engineering services in a broad range of areas from large cities to small towns and has thorough knowledge of relevant Department of Transportation policies, programs, procedures, and standards. Our scope of work involves all phases of traffic engineering. We know the strength and growth of the nation’s economy is closely linked to the strength of our roads, highways and bridges.
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
DLZ currently has an opening for a Civil Engineer / Project Manager - in our Roadway Department in Cleveland and or Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and or manage Roadway Engineering and design assignments of a varied nature.
- Assigned segments of design projects where Roadway Engineering work is to be done; meeting cost and time schedules and production of quality results are primary objectives.
- Conduct and assist with roadway design including geometrics, typical and cross sections, drainage, and maintenance of traffic elements.
- Oversee entry-level engineer design activities.
- Conduct various Traffic Design elements.
- Participate/prepare construction cost estimates, proposals, and bid evaluations.
- Prepare client progress reports.
- Follow established Quality Control procedures on all tasks.
- Assist in business development within the firm's business development program.
- Initiate and maintain contact with key professionals and officials of other organizations and companies, maintaining working relationships at all levels.
- Become an active member in civic/professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 years’ minimum experience in Roadway Engineering
- Professional Engineering (PE) License in Ohio required.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- ODOT prequalification’s preferred
- Experience with Civil 3D, Geopak and/or Open Roads Designer, ODOT CDSS
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. #LI-DM1