DLZ professionals are focused on protecting our water resources. Our staff of experienced engineers and environmental specialists are an integral part of the firm’s multidisciplinary approach to water projects. DLZ's water services team focuses on developing solutions-based approaches to water, sanitary, storm, and combined sewer overflow (CSO) conveyance and storage needs. We strive to build community partnerships and utilize our vast expertise to solve complex management, planning, design, and construction challenges.
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
DLZ Corporation currently has exciting opportunities for Civil Engineer - Project Managers (Water, Wastewater and Storm-water) in the Detroit / South East Michigan area. These positions are for Great Lakes Water Authority’s Program Management Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform water, wastewater and storm-water engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature with emphasis at water and wastewater treatment plants and associated facilities.
- Direct engineers and technical support staff in the review and preparation of plans and specifications for water, wastewater and storm-water projects.
- Directing the planning and development of Water, Wastewater and Stormwater projects from planning and procurement through start-up and construction.
- Prepare construction cost estimates, perform construction monitoring, and coordinate field activities.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and mileposts and define the major task areas.
- Direct the planning and development of project scope, procedures, and budget.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed per the client's instructions.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and departments responsible for performing services related to the project.
- Control and/or review project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for project quality control.
- Monitor fees and budgets; report problems to the appropriate Program Managers and task leaders.
- Be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field
- 10 or more years’ experience with design and/or project management of water, wastewater and storm-water infrastructure projects.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in the state of Michigan required, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- AutoDesk and Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Proficient with Project Management software preferred
- Strong interpersonal and technical writing skills.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.