Our professional engineering firm is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to assist with site design, field inspections, environmental report production, project management, and much more! We offer site development and inspection and structural engineering services with a focus on commercial and telecommunications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, evaluations, and computations.
- Complete layout of telecommunication facilities based on governing municipality zoning requirements.
- Optimize design of telecommunication facilities (earthwork, drainage, spatial, construction feasibility, and cost-efficiency perspective).
- Complete hydrologic and hydraulic calculations.
- Conduct site design tasks (roadway plan and profile, grading, erosion control, permitting).
- Coordinate environmental related services.
- Provide CAD support for client and staff designs.
- Analyze stormwater runoff and slope stability.
- Conduct site inspections of field conditions relating to stormwater systems, slope stability, and erosion control.
- Prepare engineering studies and reports.
- Correspond with municipalities and governing agencies regarding design and permitting requirements.
- Collaborate with consultants and subcontractors.
- Research innovative methods regarding steep slopes and rural roadway stability.
- Obtain field measurements and survey data in steep terrain, and gather data on roadway drainage systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience with computer drafting software (AutoCAD).
- Experience with roadway plan and profile and cross section layout, preferred.
- Experience with hydraulic computer software (HEC-RAS, HydraFlow, HydroCAD, HEC-HMS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of the turnkey workflow process.
- Knowledge of the hydrologic and hydraulic principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the survey field, including office and field survey operations, a plus!
- Experience in technical report production, preferred.
- EI Certification, preferred.