Civil Engineer (Transportation)
Direct Hire Position
No Third-Party Applicants/Calls; No Corp to Corp Applicants; Visa Sponsorship Not Available
SINCE 1957, our client has provided exceptional service, from their headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. The Atlanta hub, along with their New Orleans, LA and Montgomery, AL offices, give them strength in the local, national, and global markets.
Our client provides civil engineering, municipal engineering, urban design, surveying, mapping and planning services for a variety of clients.
- Design and preparation of construction documents for minor and major roadway, sidewalk, shoulder improvements, and drainage design projects.
- Assist project manager with tasks associated with plan preparation, cost estimates, report writing, client coordination and permitting.
- Must be willing to work reasonable overtime to meet project demands, when necessary.
Required Skills and Education:
- A BS in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology is required.
- EIT registration is required as a minimum.
- Experience must include 5-7 years of transportation design related experience. Construction experience is optional, but considered a plus if achieved in addition to direct design experience.
- Software design experience should include working with Microstation V8i and Inroads. AutoCAD and other additional cad platforms will be beneficial, but not required.
- Related experience should consist of working directly with GDOT and the Plan Development Process, GDOT collaborative projects with local counties or municipalities, and other local projects utilizing GDOT standards and specifications.
- Strong communication skills are required.