DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation has an exciting Water/ Wastewater / Stormwater - Civil Engineer opportunity in Munster and/or South Bend, Indiana.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform water, wastewater and stormwater engineering, construction, and design assignments of a complex nature, requiring application of specialized technical expertise performed independent of other personnel; exercise professional judgment in autonomous decisions.
- Periodically assigned a lead role in segments of water, wastewater, and stormwater design projects where engineering work is to be done; directing assigned personnel, meeting cost and time schedules and producing quality results are primary objectives.
- Perform work with little guidance and operate in areas where prece¬dents are not clearly established.
- Perform and direct others in the design of water, wastewater, and stormwater structures, systems and equipment items requiring complicated design concepts and the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Direct engineers and technical support staff in the preparation of plans and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
- Prepare reports and conduct studies of new engineering methods, codes, processes and materials. Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, etc.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Coordinate field activities and construction monitoring.
- Perform construction phase activities including bid evaluations and review of Contractor's shop drawing submittals.
- Prepare proposals; establish the scope of work, man-hour requirements and schedules.
- Participate in technical development of personnel assigned to him/her.
- Directing the planning and development of the project scope, procedure, budget and overall project scope.
- Perform marketing and client development.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5 – 12 years’ experience working with design of water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure projects.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in the state of Indiana or the ability to acquire.
- Hydrology and hydraulic modeling skills a plus.
- Chicago and/or Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago experience a plus.
- Skills with AutoDesk Civil 3D to design Public Works Projects, with the ability to instruct less experienced staff.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.