Civil Engineering Intern - Aviation and Petroleum Facilities
Work alongside professional engineers who are creating state-of-the-art solutions for the critical infrastructure that fuels our world. At Argus Consulting our internship program is designed to provide an engineering student the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned in the classroom at a specialized engineering consulting firm. We involve our interns in the daily workings of the firm by teaming them with an engineer in their discipline. It is an opportunity to gain work experience in an exciting industry and determine if consulting engineering is in their career path.
Argus Consulting is a trusted leader in planning, designing and managing the construction of complex fuel systems. We are growing, with multiple new commercial and military aviation and railroad petroleum facilities projects. Our main office is located in Overland Park, KS and we have branch offices in New York, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago and Jackson, MS. We've built our success on long-term relationships and traditional values -Integrity, Competence, Teamwork and the Golden Rule. Come work for a small business that has a global reach, in an atmosphere that is professionally challenging and personally supportive.
Work with specialized fueling facility designers.
- Argus Consulting is seeking qualified individuals to fill a Civil Engineering Intern position in our Overland Park, KS office.
- Internship will be from May to August, M-F, 40 hours per week.
- Projects include fueling systems for commercial airports, rail companies and military installations worldwide and cover a broad spectrum in size, ranging from small general aviation self-service fueling systems to large bulk fuel storage and distribution facilities.
- Clients include airlines, airports, fixed-base operators, ENR's Top 25 Architecture/Engineering Design Firms and ENR's Top 10 Design/Build Firms, Fortune 500 companies, fuel-servicing companies, oil companies, railroads, municipalities, state DOTs, and the U.S. government.
- Must have completed Sophomore year pursing a B.S. in a Civil Engineering program.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and ready to learn.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Duties May Include:
- Assist engineers in the preparation of a fuel system design, including performing design calculations.
- Assist in the preparation of drawings and specifications using Autocad, Civil 3D, Plant 3D, BSD Spec, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are not considering applicants from recruitment/employment agencies at this time.