Barghausen Consulting Engineers, Inc. has a 37-year history of professional excellence in residential, industrial, and commercial site development. Our commitment to providing quality service to new and long-standing clients remains a core value of our business, and we are excited to add a new team that focuses on the acquisition and completion of public work. We are seeking an experienced engineer with a proven record of business development, team building, and project management. The ideal candidate will independently build a book of business, and work with our outstanding Marketing and Human Resources Departments to build a team focused on public work. The person entering this position will immediately step into a management position and work with ownership to shape our new service offering.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
● Build and maintain existing relationships with public agencies, architectural firms, and other partners to target work that aligns with our company's objectives.
● Collaborate with our ownership and marketing team to develop budgets and a strategic marketing plan to target public work.
● Prepare proposals, respond to RFPs and SOQs, and negotiate contracts and schedules.
● Manage the technical design, schedule, budget, and all project deliverables from conceptual design to final design through project completion.
● Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and development of engineering team.
● Maintain a presence and seek leadership roles in professional societies.
● Act as the main point of contract in the day-to-day interaction with the client's designated representative, jurisdictional agency personnel, in addition to coordination of all internal activities performed by the engineering staff.
● Work with your assigned Project Accountant to proactively invoice monthly.
● A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
● Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Washington State.
● Proven ability to manage multiple complex multidiscipline projects and clients.
● Design proficiency with site designing, grading, stormwater, roadway, water, and sanitary sewer improvements is required.
● A proven track record of providing superior client service.
● Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively train and mentor a qualified and profitable team.
● Excellent public presentation and communication skills. The candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate and present ideas and project details to stakeholders.