Tectonic is currently seeking full-time Civil Field Engineers to work on various building and infrastructure projects throughout the NYC area.
This position will provide Civil Field Engineers with the chance to work on high profile, challenging projects that offer the opportunity for professional growth and advancement within the A/E/C industry working for a Top ENR 500 Firm.
The essential functions of this position include traveling to various project sites on a daily basis, monitoring construction operations, and using applicable field testing procedures and testing equipment to perform required field and building inspections and testing, as well as all related testing as required by the project and client to determine compliance with project plans and specifications. Essential functions also include the preparation of Daily Field Reports, communication of deficiencies observed in the field to project managers, contractors, and/or client representatives, and the interpretation of project-related drawings and documents, as well as all other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Registered EIT in New York State;
- Related certifications are a plus;
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable time period;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to learn and understand the fundamentals of building inspection codes and requirements in order to carry out testing, including, but not limited to, International Building Codes, ASTM Standards, and TMS standards;
- Must be detail oriented;
- May also require valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to and transport testing equipment to various project sites primarily throughout the New York City metro area, as regular daily travel is required.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.