Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer/Group Manager to join our Kirkland, WA office.
We are looking for a Geotechnical Group Manager to manage customers, projects and lead the geotechnical team to provide civil/geotechnical engineering services for civil engineering and transportation projects for public and private sector clients. This individual will manage a variety of professional consulting assignments in one or more specialized areas of transportation, civil works projects, environmental and facilities projects, including site investigation, remedial investigation, remedial design, and remedial construction
- Supervise and lead civil/geotechnical investigation and design activities
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Geotechnical engineering analyses
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team members.
- Manage Geotechnical group consisting of senior, mid-level and junior-level staff
- Grow the local and internal geotechnical group through new projects, clients and pursuits, and internal clients
- Washington State Department of Transportation project experience is preferred
- Travel will be limited to approximately 30%, in state and regional travel on an as needed basis
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical, Mining Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE in the state of Washington; Registration in additional surrounding states is a plus
- 15 to 25 years + experience in geotechnical investigation and civil design including experience including development of engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- WSDoT experience a plus
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Washington State soils and geology
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Earth dams and levees
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and the ability to lead, train and mentor junior staff
- Ability to manage a group and promote professional development of staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with SLOPE/W & SEEP/W a plus but not required
- Drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30%, in state and regional travel on an as needed basis
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.