Civil Project Manager – Land Development
Come join our growing employee owned team!
Merrick is seeking an experienced Civil Project Manager for our growing Civil Land Development Infrastructure team in our Greenwood Village (Denver Metro), Colorado office.
The Project Manager must be capable of directing and managing a team of engineers or technicians on Land Development projects including: site grading, drainage, streets, storm sewer and other utilities. This position requires the ability to not only be proficient in the work but to also manage project schedules, budgets, and interface with multi-discipline teams of architects and engineers.
The successful candidate will be required to interface with clients, and Federal, Local and State government contacts for land development and municipal projects located anywhere within the country. Some travel is required.
The successful candidate:
- Must understand the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, managing budgeted design effort, and demonstrate skills in multi-discipline teams.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required.
- Meets with clients to prepare and or validate proposed scope of work.
- Prepares fee proposals for civil design work.
- Ensures internal communication and coordination of design efforts occurs.
- Stay within established schedule and budget.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years’ combined experience in civil site design and project management.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Colorado.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Denver Area Land Development design and engineering.
- Must have a demonstrable track record of successful projects and client satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Sciences / Civil Engineer degree from an A.B.E.T. accredited school is required.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business a plus.
- Local candidates are preferred.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.