UniversalPegasus International is a leading provider of engineering, project management, survey, inspection, and construction management solutions to the energy industry worldwide. Built on a 50-year heritage, UniversalPegasus provides quality, safety, innovation and client service, and delivers unmatched expertise and value to oil, gas and power clients around the globe. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, UniversalPegasus has offices in major energy centers worldwide.
UniversalPegasus-Seeking to hire a Civil Structural Engineer with 5 plus years' experience
Civil/Structural Engineer-Position Overview
- Capable of functioning as Engineer and project discipline technical authority for execution of all civil/structural discipline work for mid-sized and large projects.
- Participate in project front-end planning, and development of project-specific technical design basis manual. Identify discipline deliverables, level of detail required, and drawings.
- Interface with Project Management and Client in establishing project design criteria and discipline specific design philosophy.
- Thorough understanding of ACI 318, ASCE 7, and the AISC Steel Construction Manual. Good working knowledge with other applicable ACI, AISC and CRSI code requirements.
- Good working knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations and standards, API recommended practices and standards, NFPA 30, and applicable ASTM codes and standards.
- Proficient at preparation of structural calculations (utilizing computer programs, as well as by hand) for concrete and steel structures such as equipment and building foundations, pipe and cable tray supports foundations, equipment support structures, access platforms, pipe and cable tray supports, grating and checker plate decking etc.
- Excellent knowledge of geotechnical engineering. Capable of reading and interpreting a geotechnical investigation report to assess recommendations and determine best foundation type for a project.
- Proficient at development of civil site requirements such as site layout, grading, drainage, and paving design.
- Excellent knowledge of drawing development, presentation, composition and arrangement, scale, orientation, dimensioning, section and details, and other drafting practices applicable to the preparation of civil/structural drawings.
- Proficient with vendor drawings. Responsible for redlining vendor information and signing off for completeness.
- Proficient at checking a complete civil/structural drawing package including but not limited to site plans, civil details, foundation location plans, and concrete and steel detail drawings, and calculations.
- Complete understanding of project specifications related to civil and structural disciplines.
- PE required with the ability to obtain PE certification in other states as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
UniversalPegasus offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, 401(k), and educational assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and disabled are welcome.