Combined Insurance, a Chubb Company, is seeking a Claim Approver, Customer Service to join our fast-paced, high energy, and growing company. For nearly 100 years in the insurance industry, our company has been passionate about serving our customers and providing them peace of mind and protection when they need it the most. Come build your career here, along with other positive, hard-working, talented professionals—just like you!
The Claims Approver will contact claimant and or service provider requesting basic information needed to process claim. Includes written correspondence and phone calls. Evaluate claims based on documentation received including responses from claimant and providers. Process basic claims including payment, denial and status updates. Interact with various online systems for claims processing, imaging and policy administration. Responsible for accepting first notice of loss and creation/adjudication of claims for our customers via telephone, mail/fax, and web. Performs assigned tasks within the TeleClaims department in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Accurately process claims under Supplemental A&H coverage.
- Key data into online processing system.
- Determine eligibility by evaluating claim submission and comparing to policy benefits.
- Request additional information from policyholders, providers and others as necessary to finalize claim
- Manage pending files.
- Create claim related correspondence.
- Provide customer service to policyholders, agents and doctors answering a variety of questions both in writing and by phone.
- Conduct telephone assessments for continuing disability claims.
- Meet Department standards for time service and quality. Builds knowledge of claim / call handling policies, procedures, processes and tools as well as Claims core competencies
- Understands organizational objectives, supports process improvements, and provides feedback to leadership
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Quality and customer centric orientation.
- Analytical with good decision making skills.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Keyboarding skills (30+ wpm).
- Windows based PC knowledge.
- Bilingual Fluent in English / Spanish a plus not required
- Worksite or Group Insurance Experience required.
0-1 yrs. experience in Accident and Health Claims preferred but not required.
College Degree or Current College Student Preferred
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products, and a CHUBB Company. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.Travel - No
Job Posting - Oct 18, 2018, 12:16:00 PM