Essential Duties Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Manages the work activities and staff of the functional area and has full management responsibility for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction. Manages team metrics by analyzing claim reports and driving for superior results.
- Contributes to organizational profitability by ensuring that claims are effectively managed in accordance with company guidelines and standards. Effectively manages loss costs and claim expenses.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external business such as underwriting risk control staff counsel and actuarial partners.
- Makes recommendations on claim policy and procedures and drives claim initiatives.
- Reviews and manages investigations of claims liability and damages and works with senior management to determine if major claims should be settled or litigated.
- Manages the negotiation of claims settlement packages including setting reserves and authorizing payment or refers claims to appropriate location for adjudication.
- Remains current on state/territory regulations and issues industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of claim training/curriculum.
- Leads project teams and may be accountable for special projects and presentations.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Director or above.
Skills Knowledge Abilities
1. Ability to effectively identify lead coach develop and retain talented claim professionals.
2. Ability to drive for superior results in business goals and objectives.
3. Technical expertise claims resolution skills and knowledge of insurance and claims principles practices and procedures.
4. Ability to effectively collaborate with CNA's internal and external business partners possessing excellent communications negotiations and presentations skills.
5. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple priorities.
6. Ability to effectively deal with ambiguous situations and business issues.
7. Ability to embrace change and value diverse ideas and opinions.
8. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years claims experience.