CLAIMS ADJUSTER – PROPERTY & CASUALTY CLAIMS
Well established, Independent Insurance Adjusting Company looking for qualified candidates for the position of outside property & casualty claims adjuster. The adjuster will be responsible for handling claims in our New Hampshire territory, and southern Maine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, process and conclude assigned claims, both property and casualty.
- Maintain an ongoing diary.
- Continually assess exposure and evaluate for accurate reserves.
- Prepare Loss Reports providing a thorough analysis of liability and damages.
- Where applicable, determine if subrogation exists.
- Maintain appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and control loss adjustment expenses.
- Document all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Provide quality service to all customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferred) and a minimum of five (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of advanced education and experience.
- 3 + years property/casualty claims experience.
- Knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, including but not limited to coverage issues and policies.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- An ability to handle assigned claims following company guidelines and industry best practices with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications.
- Independence, flexibility and creativity.
- Certifications and/or licenses as required by State regulation.