AG Consulting Engineering, PC (AG) a design, engineering and construction management firm headquartered in New York is looking for several Claims Analysis and Avoidance Consultant (s) to support our transportation client in Manhattan.
Employees at AG embrace ownership of each project, bringing quality, innovation and integrity into each client relationship. employees.
AG is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on improving our infrastructure and environment.
Position:Claims Analysis and Avoidance Consultant
The Claims Analysis and Avoidance Consultant is responsible for researching and analyzing potential design errors and omissions for this transportation project. The Claims Analysis and Avoidance Consultant will work with the General Counsel's office and the Design Management team. This position requires skills and experience in contract interpretation, the ability to understand and analyze design documents and the ability to research and analyze potential design errors and omissions.
The Project includes diverse elements of work including, but not limited to a new underground terminal and tunnels, existing tunnels and facilities, track and electrical/mechanical and computerized systems. The Claims Analysis and Avoidance Consultant should have knowledge and experience in the design and/or construction of facilities of a similar nature.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and analyzing potential design errors and omissions, including collecting and assembling relevant documentation and preparing written reports and position statements.
- Support legal counsel and the Design Management Team in the evaluation and presentation of potential design errors and omissions claims.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Law, or related field.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial contract change management, claims analysis and avoidance.
- Experience working with design documents.
- Knowledge of Critical Path Method Scheduling.
- Ability to read and understand construction contract documents.
- Knowledge and experience with claims analysis, forensic merit determinations, contract, modifications and cost/benefit analysis.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with complex projects in the transportation, military or government sectors is preferred.
- A.G. Consulting Engineering, P.C. offers salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, PTO days, holidays, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, and more.
AG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Insurance Claims / Policy Clerk