POSITION: Claims Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Property and Casualty Claims- Alpharetta, GA
REPORTS TO: Claims Supervisor
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Not applicable
POSITION SUMMARY: Under close supervision performs clerical and data entry tasks that assist in administration of Commercial Property, General Liability and Commercial Auto claims. This position requires considerable interaction with claimants on the phone, and with management, Claims Examiners, and other TRISTAR staff in the office; therefore consistently being at work in the office, in a timely manner, is inherently required of this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up new claims in system and paper files, ensuring all documentation is present and correct.*
- Documents all work product and claim activity in the electronic claim file.*
- Prepares and prints letters, benefit notices and labels.*
- Provides clerical support, including filing, faxing, sorting, photocopying, and alphabetizing.*
- Communicates pertinent claim information to the client, legal counsel, medical and rehab providers and internal claims staff.*
- Answers phone calls, take messages and responds appropriately.*
- Request Dec page and endorsements
- Type Checks
- Request Police and Fire Department reports
- Recoveries – Deductible and Reinsurance
- Office Vendor Expense Payments
- Maintaining Certified Mail Receipts
- Handle FedEx Mail
- Training Sheet – GL
- Ordering Office Supplies
- Iron Mountain
- Assist CA’s as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Essential job function.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED, and one (1) year experience in the Commercial Property and Casualty claims industry (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient keyboarding skills (type 45 wpm).
• Working knowledge of property/casualty and legal terminology.
• Ability to alphabetize and collate.
• Proficient in MS Word.and Excel
• Ability to follow written and spoken instructions from several individuals.
• Ability to produce accurate and detailed work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Courteous telephone skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and due dates.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in cooperation with workgroup.
Insurance Claims / Policy Clerk