Claims Assistant - Entry Level
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide support to the claims staff and to perform other office tasks depending on the client program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and enters new claims into claims management system.
- Inputs and reviews notes/diaries in claims management system as instructed.
- Processes payments.
- Processes mail; handles filing, faxing and photocopying.
- Reviews, prepares, creates, and/or sends letters, reports, and forms.
- Answers and initiates telephone calls, sets up medical appointments, and may provide customer service as required.
- Other activities/projects as assigned including the preparation and distribution of computer reports.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
Six (6) months of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer