Claims Associate - Chubb Associate Program(
We are the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer with operations in 54 countries, exceptional financial strength, and a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. We combine the precision of craftsmanship with decades of experience to conceive our craft and deliver the very best insurance coverage and service to individuals and families, and businesses of all sizes.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for individuals aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast paced, high performing company. We’re driving digital transformation in our business so opportunities abound. These are full-time positions and offer a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company. We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our two year program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in one of a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with other early career professionals as well as experienced professionals and engaged leaders.
Chubb is looking for individuals interested in a claims career to join our Chubb Associate Program as a Claims Associate. This is a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, Chubb is an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in most major US cities. As part of this program you will experience:
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the results of a team
- Collaborative learning and group assignments with program members to help gain broader organizational understanding
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry
- Interpersonal effectiveness skill development to help you enhance communication and interactive skills
- Executive engagement allowing program members the opportunity to network and learn from Chubb’s thought leaders;
- Peer mentoring support to help members navigate through professional situations in their early development
- A pathway to leadership development opportunities and global assignments
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
- Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
- Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
At Chubb, we have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contribute to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior leaders
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on line of business may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arranges for such appraisal.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extent of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
- Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in many majors will be considered
- Strong GPA; 3.0 required; 3.3 or higher preferred
- Knowledge of insurance industry preferred
- Prior work experience (including summer or part time roles) or internships preferred
- Leadership experience through work or involvement in community service, athletics, clubs, or other activities preferred
- Technically adept/digitally savvy
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analytical, Detailed Oriented
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Phoenix-Pinnacle Peak Rd