Location: Open to physical CNA offices/Chicago, IL Princeton, NJ preferred
Individual contributor responsible for overall management of highly complex environmental, molestation and abuse, and mass tort claims. Investigates and evaluates highly complex claims relating to environmental, abuse, pollution and mass tort. Analyzes and determines liability, reviews insurance coverages, arranges for inspections, negotiates settlements, and pays or collects direct payments. Works within broad limits and authority on highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge.
1. Negotiates highly complex settlement packages, cost share agreements, sets direct reserves and authorizes payment within scope of authority, settling claims equitably and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
2. Makes recommendations on claims handling policy and processes to management.
3. Manages all types of investigative activity on claims to include contact with insureds, witnesses, experts, agents, doctors, etc.
4. Coordinates discovery and litigation strategy with attorneys, including managing complex relationships with multiple parties (i.e. defense and coverage counsel, carriers, etc.)
5. Manages all aspects of reinsurance notification, billing and collection through analysis of direct claim activities, monitoring large loss notices, and interfacing with direct claims areas as well as reinsurance brokers and reinsurers on the most complex claims.
6. Maintains compliance with state/federal regulations. Stays current with legal and industry trends.
7. Maximizes use of internal resources (i.e. Claim Litigation Technicians) to ensure optimal Total Claim Outcome. Interfaces with Litigation Management Unit and coverage counsel.
8. Provide guidance and assistance to Claims Specialists and other Claims staff.
9. May be responsible for special claims projects and presentations.
Manager or above.
1. Senior level knowledge of claims and insurance industry theory and practices.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years claims experience focusing on environmental claims or mass tort.
3. Licensed in required states.