Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Answer all department inbound claims calls including, but not limited to, cargo, work injury, accidents, etc.; gather and document available pertinent information to initiate/create a claim. Involve appropriate internal and external contacts to respond to various aspects of the claim. Adhere to appropriate claims handling procedures to assist in minimizing cost and exposure of claims liability.
- Respond to incoming phone calls, driver messages and owner-operators inquiries related to accidents and claims; create initial claim in designated system and monitor until internal claims adjuster is assigned. Review and handle highly complex incoming claims calls and escalated issues; determine appropriate resolution and follow-up to ensure initiation of claims processes are appropriately carried out.
- Initiate claims investigation by assessing each situation independently and taking action accordingly, including but not limited to, making effective and appropriate economic decisions by gathering sufficient data, documenting clearly, making calls and asking questions when/where necessary. Act as fiduciary agent of the company authorizing various insurance, towing and salvage expenses within designated authority per occurrence.
- Instruct and coordinate post-accident drug and alcohol tests to be completed as required by Department of Transportation (DOT). Monitor drug and alcohol test through completion to ensure compliance.
- Represent Swift and its agents as the initial contact from various third party vendors and claimants exhibiting Best in Class customer service. Act as liaison for internal communications between designated department personnel and leadership representatives, as well as field investigators, attorneys and other assigned vendors in serious accidents, injuries, cargo losses and breakdowns.
- Research and identify, when possible, alleged instances when Swift equipment is reportedly involved in a crash with limited identification available.
- Learn key functions and terms of multi-line insurance coverages and have the ability to apply general knowledge of state regulations within each line of coverage.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Maintain all key performance metrics and perform additional duties as assigned by leadership.
- Skills: Must possess exceptional customer service skills. Must possess strong fact-finding skills with ability to gather detailed information. Must possess excellent data entry skills. Must be able to multi-task and able to handle high call volumes.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience Required: Two (2) years customer service experience or insurance/claims background required.
Must possess exceptional customer service skills. Must possess strong fact-finding skills with ability to gather detailed information. Must possess excellent data entry skills. Must be able to multi-task and able to handle high call volumes.
High School Diploma or GED
Two (2) years customer service experience or insurance/claims background required.