Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the review of claims to ensure all coverage issues were addressed by the Property Damage Representative. Ie. Permissive use, limits, unscheduled vehicles, etc.im.
- Responsible for the analysis of the investigation completed to make a liability assessment. This includes the review and analysis of first and third party statements, witnesses, scene photos, investigating officers and other relevant parties, along with the review and analysis of all damages claimed including but not limited to vehicle damages, etc.
- Analyze the investigation to determine proximate cause, negligence, and damages.
- Evaluate and adjust reserves as necessary.
- Negotiate and settle claims within his/her individual authority.
- Submit claims for approval to supervisor when over his/her authority or for guidance, review and/or referral when appropriate.
- Maintain an effective follow-up system on pending files.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adjust to fluctuating workload. Advise insureds, claimants, brokers on the status of the claim.
- Act as an intermediary between the Company, preferred vendors and customers.
- Resolve all disputes that may arise.
Qualifications and Education:
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service, organizational, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Basic personal computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Seeking experienced Claim Representative with 3 years of experience plus.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.4 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.