The Claims Representative will provide customer service to Penn Mutual beneficiaries and advisers via the Claims 800 line. S/he will complete projects as assigned, to include researching and following up on returned mail, outstanding checks, and open/pending claims.
- Handles in-bound calls providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to advisers and beneficiaries
- Answers questions regarding pending claims and outstanding requirements
- Accepts ownership of the interaction and provides a high caliber of service and follow-through
- Reviews death claims for payment; promptly contacts our advisers or clients for additional requirements when necessary
- Researches and analyze online records to locate beneficiaries, confirm death records, etc.
- Processes transactions and document records with consistent quality and attention to detail
- Applies established procedures and regulatory rules to determine if requests are in ‘good order’
- Escalates situations when necessary, such as suspected fraud or claims requiring investigations
- Navigates multiple administration systems as well as our workflow and imaging tools to gain and document needed information
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret policy language
- Ability to think like the customer and respond with empathy, and the level of urgency and professionalism expected
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task and quickly navigate multiple systems/resources while maintaining quality
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Experience in Life and/or Annuity Claims preferred
- Experience in call center/customer service a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree strongly preferred
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused—Gets it done. Drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic–Sees the big picture. Challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic–Keeps it real. Is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – Makes the call. Demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – Develops people. Sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – Sets the tone. Inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.