Claims Service Representative
**Will be filled at the appropriate level based on experience**
Do you thrive in a work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organization skills? Are you a go-getter with high initiative and a positive attitude? Do you have strong customer service and time management skills? If so, this Claims Service Representative opportunity could be a great fit for you!
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Claims Service Representative, you will review, investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned total loss personal and commercial auto claims that do not require field investigation. You will assist in obtaining maximum salvage recoveries, and will achieve an accurate settlement for vehicle claims by utilizing the estimate and market valuation provided by the appraiser.While handling the claim, you will prepare detailed and organized running notes, written reports and salvage disposal documentation in accordance with established procedures. As a Claims Service Representative, you must keep a service-oriented attitude at all times by maintaining professional and productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, agents, agency managers, claimants, policyholders, local auto body shops, salvage yards, car dealers, direct repair facilities and others. You will work out of our Lincoln office.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- High school degree required. Associates degree or equivalent plus three years relevant experience preferred.
- Progress towards industry education is expected (AIC, AEI, SCLA, CPCU, etc.)
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to exercise independent judgment and arrive at decisions through sound, logical reasoning in order to handle more complex claims.
- Excellent phone skills required as approximately 50% of time will be spent on the phone.
- Must be PC literate and able to effectively use our systems. Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, casual Fridays and teams who know how to have fun.
If you're interested in joining a company that has a long history of stability, one that appreciates its employees, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!