Esurance is looking for a job title to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
Associate focuses on customer needs and closely works with the customer throughout the claims process. Handles first and third party bodily injury, including motorcycle. Role focuses on injury claim resolution, both with and without attorney involvement. Authority levels up to $25,000, and handling claims in excess of this authority with manager supervision.
- Understands concepts of coverage, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolution. Focus will be on speed and quality of contacts, investigations, evaluations, and negotiations.
- Handles moderate to complex injury claims in accordance with Esurance’s Claims Best Practices, and state laws and regulations. Resolves bodily injury claims, of represented and unrepresented parties, with a value up to $100,000.
- Handles third party motorcycle claims with and without injury.
- Documents files to include all key activities, contacts made, statements taken, outline covering all aspects of the claim and for resolution; Investigates surrounding preexisting conditions and causal relationships between documented injuries and loss facts.
- Analyzes all relevant factors in loss to ensure accurate reserving of exposures.
- Determines the utilization of outside investigators or experts when needed for more complex claims.
- Review medical records and bills to validate accuracy of services provided.
- Utilize experts or outside vendors to assist in the review and evaluation of claims as warranted.
- Identifies and refers files to subrogation for collection in a timely manner.
- Addresses exposures in excess of policy limits to include multiple and competing parties.
- Identifies files for specialized focus, such as SIU, minor damage and sends correspondence related to claim and department of insurance regulations.
- Appropriately applies legal principles in daily job.
Designed for moderate to experienced claims associates. Ideal candidate will have at least 24 months of claims experience.
- Internal candidates will have completed the BI School Training and be familiar with LNav and Mitchell Medical usage.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, negotiation, influential, and customer service skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and claims related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical treatments and understanding of the relationship between vehicle impact and claimed injuries.
- Demonstrated knowledge with handling claims involving all issues of coverage.
- Demonstrated knowledge in identifying and resolving liens of all first and third party injury claims.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, and/or education required.
- Minimum of three years claims adjusting experience required, five preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness tools and coaching
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Identity Protection
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Choice Dollars
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & community
- Adoption assistance
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option)