Open Position for a Career-Minded Person
Join a winning team!
Are you an entrepreneurial, service focused professional that has the ability to execute and inspire excellence at every level of the associate experience? Then consider a career with Raymour & Flanigan, where our most successful associates support people, cultivate relationships, and raise the bar every day. We have an immediate opportunity for a Claims Specialist based out of our Liverpool Human Resources Center's Central Services Department. If you are looking for a career where you can grow, learn and contribute at a high level, Raymour & Flanigan may be the company where you can realize your full potential.
We are seeking a Claims Specialist with claims management and risk evaluation experience on the broker, carrier or corporate side.
Reporting to the Director of Risk Management, the Claims Specialist will serve as the primary contact for our external and internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will work along-side field managers, which may include Executives, Associates and/or other Team Members. The Claims Specialist role will partner with the Account Management/Insurance Administrator(s) and internal team members to positively impact an injured associate's experience. The role will also be responsible for early return to work and overall claims cost containment. In addition to ongoing internal collaboration, this professional will ensure the constant flow of communication with insurance carriers and internal management.
The ideal candidate will have strong claims experience across all lines with a primary focus will on workers' compensation
Location: Syracuse, NY
- Act as claims liaison, including consultative discussions and research regarding coverages
- Review and negotiate claim reserves with carriers as needed
- Proactively monitor large complex losses to move to resolution
- Coordinate quarterly/semi-annual claim reviews
- Provide claim trending analysis
- Prepare claim summaries
- Document claims management activities within the system
- Identify risks and provide recommendations to help reduce exposure
- Provide coaching / training to other team members as needed
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three to five years workers' compensation experience
- Excellent computer and applications skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities and multiple requests in a concise manner
- Ability to managing multiple relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive team player and highly collaborative
- Proven ability to work independently, solve problems and think creatively
- Knowledge of Insurance Code Rule 59 a plus
Raymour & Flanigan offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with a Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Training and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous Merchandise Discount
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Specified Disease Insurance
Raymour & Flanigan proudly supports a drug and smoke free work environment.
Raymour & Flanigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.