If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
Do you have what it takes? (click here)OR check us out on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7yJDer0GQ
At BMC, the CDL Driver is responsible for providing efficient delivery and excellent service. The CDL Driver is a hardworking, reliable team member who delivers building materials including trusses requiring oversized load permits to job sites, inspects and maintains trucks, reports shortages and claims to their supervisor, and assists in the loading and storing of materials.
- Maintain a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepare DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organize and secure load.
- Assist forklift operators when loading.
- Account for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Check orders for accuracy
- Deliver and unload materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Complete daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Record all merchandise that is returned by the truck, assist in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follow guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Log in deliveries on supervisor’s log sheet.
- Wait on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relay messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assist supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education preferred: High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Special skills required: Attention to detail when delivering over sized loads and the ability to do simple math, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.
- Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills. Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.
- Other: Clean driving record and current operator’s license.
- Minimum experience required: Must be a CDL Adriver with at least 2 years experience driving a Tractor Trailer (semi) or 2 years experience operating boom trucks and/or trucks with mounties & roll off trailers.
“Customer and People First. Always. Non negotiable. It's the BMC DNA.”
Peter Alexander, President & CEO