If you’d like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced organization, BMC is the company for you!
At BMC, the CDL Driver is responsible for providing efficient delivery and excellent service. The CDL Driver is a hardworking, reliable team member who delivers materials to job sites, inspects and maintains trucks, reports shortages and claims to their supervisor, and assists in the loading and storing of materials.
- Maintains a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License as required.
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.’s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers’ satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operatesall trucks in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education required— High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Special skills required— Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms. Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
- Other—Clean driving record, current CDL operator’s license, and current DOT qualifications. Ability to stoop bend, twist, throw and work in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Minimum experience required—1 year CDL experience including lumber dumping. Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required.
- Tractor Trailer (semi) and experience and/or trucks with mounties and roll off trailers needed.
- Pay depending on experience and cdl calcification.