The Tractor-Trailer Driver will safely and efficiently deliver finished goods, products, and materials to customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Operates a semi-truck according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Transports loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
- Deftly maneuvers truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals.
- Assists with loading of or loads and unloads goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted; unloads empty skids and returns all equipment to designated area.
- Maintains signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to shipping office or other appropriate staff when delivery route is complete.
- Facilitates routine service on trucks, which may include checking oil, water, gasoline, and air; reports maintenance malfunctions to Supervisor/Manager.
- Arranges trailers in shipping yards for optimum loading patterns.
- Maybe called upon to work in warehouse or other site location when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to speak professionally and courteously with customers and staff at delivery points.
- Ability to remain focused in busy environment.
Education and Experience:
- Must hold required commercial driver’s license appropriate for weight of vehicle to be operated.
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations.
- Prolonged periods sitting in a trailer cab for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
up to $18.00 /hour
Monday - Friday
Monday - Friday