The OTR - Tractor Trailer Driver is responsible for safely driving/controlling the Brink’s vehicles to and from various customer pick-up and delivery locations. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers. In addition the position will interface with other BGS Internal branches, with division customers and where necessary perform security and safety functions at said locations.
What you should expect:
- Average of 5,100 miles per week
- Paid every two weeks
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Industry leading benefits package
- Compensation package with potential to earn approximately $75,000 or more per year
• Maintain the safety, security and control of the tractor trailer unit at all times
• Guard the Messenger/Co Driver during the actual delivery or pick up of valuables at a customer’s location.
• Maintain radio communication with the Co Driver/Messenger and/or other vehicle crew and with dispatch personnel/branch personnel throughout the delivery/shipping process.
• Ensure the safe and secure loading and off loading of the tractor trailer.
• Report all faults experienced during the trip/day’s activity and ensure that all information is transmitted to branch leadership.
• Complete appropriate driving route documentation
• Ensure overall cleanliness of the vehicle’s interior
Position Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:
• At least one (1) year of Tractor Trailer / OTR driving experience
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Valid Class A CDL
• Satisfy all applicable Department of Transportation requirements
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
• OTR long distance Tractor Trailer experience in a related industry
• Worked in an environment servicing a diverse customer base with sensitive requirements including time and value of cargo.