Tanker CDL truck drivers earn up to $0.57 per mile* with a weekly performance pay up to $0.04 per mile (up to $68000 per year with accessorial pay). With the regional configuration you can get home weekly. Schneider Tanker drivers specialize in the safe transfer of bulk liquid chemicals with 2/3 of them non-hazardous. Enjoy a small-company feel with large-company benefits. Start your trucking career as an elite Schneider Tanker driver!
No tanker truck driving experience? No problem! We will provide you with our industry-leading tanker training. Schneider will continue to offer you advancement opportunities but you can't advance until you start. Take your first step by applying today.
Eligible CDL Truck Driver Applicants: All Class A CDL holders
Tanker Truck Driver Pay
- Up to $0.57 per mile*
- Performance pay up to $0.04 per mile more paid out weekly
- Up to $68000 per year* with average 25% of pay from accessorials
- $5000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers
- $2500 sign-on bonus for inexperienced drivers
- Loading and unloading pay
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt
- *Based on CDL driver experience
Regional Tanker Truck Driver Benefits
- Medical dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Paid orientation and time off
- Up to $7000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for qualified drivers
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs plus more military benefits
- Many more see full list of benefits
Tanker Truck Driver Qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Live within 75 miles of Chicago IL Joliet IL Kankakee IL or Gary IN and live in Illinois or Indiana
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire
- Schneider's self-paced online certification training program will help secure your required HazMat endorsement
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred before hire. Required to start process within 60 days of hire.
More Reasons to Select Schneider Tanker
- Average fleet age 2.5 years over 60% automated transmissions
- Continuous investment in tractors trailers and other tanker equipment
- Industry-leading personalized tanker training with paid orientation
- Nationwide facility network many locations offering free showers laundry WiFi exercise equipment TV lounges cafeterias and more
- Nationwide parking network with 24/7 access to free and safe parking
- Learn more about Schneider's Tanker division
A huge freight base options galore big money respect for drivers nationwide facility network commitment to safety don't settle for a few somewhere else when you can have it all with Schneider. The best you can get is an application away.
"It seemed like a no-brainer to switch to Schneider. Schneider has the best you can get."
Join one of the top trucking companies. Call 800-447-7433 for more information about becoming a Regional Tanker driver with Schneider!
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify including your rights and responsibilities please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 5000