Tempur Sealy of Hagerstown Maryland is looking for hardworking and reliable individuals with a Class A CDL, for multiple driver opportunities, who can work efficiently in transporting and delivering some of the most highly recognized brands in the mattress industry to our local and/or regional customers and clients.
The Class A CDL Truck Driver is responsible for transportation and delivery of company products around the manufacturing site, as well as to customer locations within a specific geographic area. For some regional driver positions, overnight trips may be required several times throughout the work week or during the month, but Truck Drivers will be home on the weekends. Drivers on local routes will be home every night. Additional responsibilities may include delivery/pick-up of raw materials and other backhaul loads when applicable. Drivers are expected to operate safely and strictly within all Company and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations at all times.
Tempur Sealy has purchased new trailers and offers a competitive compensation package, including a minimum $5,000 sign-on bonus for new Truck Drivers (continuous employment required).
Benefits & Compensation:
* Truck Drivers are compensated through component pay for mileage, stops, and drops.
* Paid vacation time and holidays.
* Liberal employee purchase plan.
* Medical, dental, & 401(k) participation available.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Possess a current and valid Class A CDL.
* Safe driving record with no more than one accident or moving violation within the previous 12 months from date of hire.
* 12 months of verifiable driving experience (defined as interstate operation of a Class A combination vehicle/tractor trailer) within the previous three years.
* At least 22 years of age at the time of hire.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to lift 100lbs, kneel, couch, and sit for long periods
* Previous experience with electronic, on-board recordkeeping systems.
* Previous experience working in customer facing roles.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled