A Class A CDL Driver Trainee is a driver with Class A CDL license or permit with no previous driving experience. Martin Brower will hire individuals with a current Class A CDL license and enter them into our Driver Trainee training program. Driver Trainees will perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Martin-Brower after successfully completing the program.
People or Process Management Responsibility: No
About Martin Brower:
Martin Brower has been in business for 60 years and has grown to a $14 billion company. We are a world class team of 8000 employees located in 19 countries.
We provide supply chain solutions to over 20,000 restaurants around the world. We pride ourselves in being a true partner with our customers, suppliers and our communiteis protecting their brands every step of the way.
To learn more about Martin Brower please visit www.martinbrower.com
Required Skills and Experience and General Requirements to Enter and Complete Entry Level Driver Training:
- Must have valid commercial driver’s license or learner permit to operate a CMV and agree to satisfactorily complete the Company Entry Level Driver Training program outlined herein.
- Must comply with Federal and state regulations and Company policies.
- The candidate shall consistently and successfully perform all duties of a Company Driver during the 90 day evaluation period immediately before entry to the permanent Driver force.
- 21 years of age
- Acceptable MVR
- Agree to satisfactorily complete the company’s Driver Trainee - Driver Training program
- Willing to work any schedule, including weekends and holidays, due to our 24/7 environment
- Customer-focused, team-player attitude
- Demonstrated safety behavior
- This position must pass post-offer background, DOT physical and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Prior foodservice distribution/delivery experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Delivering products to our customer utilizing various methodologies that may include manual conveyors, carts or pallets in a multi-temperature environment
- Effectively maneuver equipment on lots with obstacles and limited space
- Provide exceptional customer service to each customer
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork
- Utilize on-board computer program (XATA)
- Understand and abide by all Company policies, government regulations, and safe work processes at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
Martin-Brower knows our employees work hard, so we offer competitive wages and a generous benefits package that contributes a significant amount to your total compensation and your personal well-being. Additionally, there are many opportunities for you to distinguish yourself and move up in our stable company through excellent work performance. To learn more about our benefits please visit www.martinbrower.com.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently stand, walk, reach with hands and arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds
- Multi-temperature environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.