The health and safety of our employees is our credo, moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
- COVID Testing
If you are passionate about safety, creative-minded and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you! Our Phoenix, AZ team of professionals work in the rapidly growing automated vehicle space. [This is not a bus driving job]
Our team has developed a strong culture of safety, professionalism and personal responsibility. We expect all team members to adhere to the team standards of conduct. Our Class A Truck Drivers are critical to the success of delivering safe autonomous driving systems enabling a revolutionary mobility experience.
Successful resumes showcase job assets such as safe driving, patience, stamina, being able to cover/travel long distances, effective communication, and attention to details.
*Education requirements consist of verification of a high school diploma or general education diploma*
Starting Pay: $29.00 per hour
Positions are filling fast!
Questions? Email AVjobs@Transdev.com
Maintain Transdev’s high standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicle;
Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment.
Understand and adhere to inter & intrastate rules of the road.
Monitor automated driving software systems.
Drive vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more; the driver may tow a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,001 pounds or more.
- Performs pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspections.
- Reviews Vehicle Inspection Reports and safety issues.
Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments.
Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations.
Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
Work closely with engineers, software developers, and technicians.
Interact with the members of the public and educate them on self-driving technology.
Work mostly individually but also in small groups of 2-10 people.
Comply with Transdev’s Autonomous Vehicle Division zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by self-driving vehicle operators during a shift, including randomized drug testing; and
Other duties as required.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Class A tractor-trailer driving on public roads. Additional experience preferred;
Prior experience with transporting and securing cargo and operating in a wide array of weather conditions;
Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs); and
Proficiency in using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred by not required).
Must have good attention to detail and be able to quickly and concisely describe their thoughts;
Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple scenarios;
Adapt quickly to new and developing technology;
Cross-functional verbal and written communication and issue escalation;
Must be able to multitask multiple technologies, including communications devices and vehicle status systems;
Able to work either early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends, as well as overnight shifts and travel for up to one month at a time;
Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgment, in fast-paced, high-stress environments;
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build/maintain rapport; and
Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- Must be 21 years old;
- Valid Arizona Commercial Class A Driver’s License and Air Brake Endorsement - Tractor Trailer Endorsement;
- Must have 5 years or more of recent Class A over-the-road driving experience
- Must have 5 years or more of recent experience operating a sleeper cab rig
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the State of Arizona.
- Must submit to a drug test and background check.
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOT medical card.
- Must be able to travel to Phoenix, AZ for training, up to 6-8 weeks.
- Occasional standing, walking, and sitting.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Use hands to finger; handle or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Must use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Most work is accomplished outdoors in a vehicle.
Drivers may spend from 60% to 80% of their time out-of-doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions. Drivers may sometimes be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, short notice for assignment, tight schedules, delays en route and other stresses related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather. Drivers typically spend 60% to 80% of their on-duty time in the truck. While driving, drivers are exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger vehicles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check