Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Various shifts includes weekends
You will be primarily responsible for the movement and operation of company assets in and around our warehouse. You will help move or fleet of box trucks to facilitate loading and unloading of product.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Performs daily routine safety checks, and pre-trip inspections on assigned vehicle
- Ensures all safety measures appropriate for operation of assigned vehicle are consistently and efficiently applied
- Operates vehicle in all assigned service areas in a timely and efficient manner
- Loads all assigned materials according to normal operating procedures and reports any violations to supervisor
- Ensures materials being transported comply within the legal load limits
- Reports all accidents and/or safety violations to the appropriate authority and in a timely manner
- Maintains good customer relations and positively influences the community’s perception of the Company throughout all applicable service areas
Charlie’s Produce Offers
- The stability that comes with working for the largest privately-owned Produce distributor on the west coast
- A family oriented, supportive work environment where employees are treated as people
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick Pay
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance review
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer Paid College Program
- 401(k) available
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- One year of commercial driving experience (Two years of commercial driving experience preferred).
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Valid Medical Examiners Card (DOT Medical card)
Ideal Candidate has Knowledge Of
- Principles and practices of job site safety, potential job hazards, and state and local regulations
- Visual, tactile, and odorous identification of produce and produce packaging
- Food preparation and food handling techniques
Skill and/or Ability
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and actively respond to customer requests.
- Ability to perform continuous physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, stacking, and moving product as part of a rigorous daily routine.
- Ability to perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays, depending on work assignment.
- Ability to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions.
- Work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to maintain high levels of activity or productivity; operating with effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and customers.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.