TITLE: Bus Driver
REPORTS TO: Transportation Administrator
WORK CALENDAR: N/A
REVISED DATE: 5/28/2008
THIS IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT AND ASSIGNMENTS ARE ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS.
SUMMARY: To provide transportation services to Dysart Unified School District (DUSD) students to and from school and extra-curricular activities in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain good rapport with employees, students and community.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline when students are on bus.
- Report undisciplined students to proper authority and fills out required forms.
- Keep assigned bus clean.
- Keep to assigned schedule.
- Performs route schedule in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform mandatory pre-trip inspections.
- Notifies proper authority of mechanical and safety device failure.
- Pick-up and discharge of students only at authorized stop.
- Transport only authorized students and authorized personnel.
- Conducts bus safety and evacuation drills.
- Report all accidents to proper authority and complete related reports.
- Drives routes as required.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have First Aid and CPR training.
- Current Arizona Class B License required with P and S endorsement.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC)
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Basic knowledge in reading routes, maps and schedules.
- Acceptable driving record for the last (3) three years.
- Read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Write general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Work independently.
- Work flexible hours.
- Work varying driving assignments.
- Meet time schedules, be punctual and reliable.
- Knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and procedures.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Interpret assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms.
- Apply reason to research and solve moderately complex issues with little or no assistance.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hand and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs and drag up to 125 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.