Family Development Services' full time Classroom Assistant – Head Start will perform any combination of the following instructional tasks in the classroom to assist the Preschool Teacher in Head Start or Infant/Toddler Teacher in Early Head Start by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of lesson plans
- Use developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with children – individually or in groups – to support learning throughout the day
- Daily completion of USDA documentation at point of service
- Document observations on children' anecdotal record forms
- Clean tabletops and floor areas after meals and activities, and clean cots as needed
- Accompany the Family / Child Educator on home visits
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change, communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds-especially if necessary to care for a child.
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk, hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for consideration:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Child Development Associate certificate (CDA) must be earned within two (2) years after date of hire in order to remain employed
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
- Prefer experience with children 0 to 5 years old
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Why work for Family Development Services?
- Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Benefits- (Medical, Dental, etc)
- Fantastic Co-Workers
- Education Assistance
- 403(b) Retirement with a generous Employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
$11.14 - $13.25 /hour