The Classroom Support Technician provides technical support for classrooms and video conferencing, including scheduling, troubleshooting and hands-on training.
- Maintains classroom equipment to ensure rooms are in working order, including computers, microphones, projectors, sympodiums, monitors, clickers, etc.
- Schedules video conferencing classes and conferences
- Provides video conferencing connection support
- Provides in-room connection assistance as needed
- Escalates emergency classroom issues to Distance Education Operations manager immediately
- Provides backend support for classroom lecture capture tools including Echo360, Tandberg, Cisco, Kaltura, Zoom
- Monitors distance education classes via Conference Control Center in TMS
- Responds to classroom technical emergencies received by the help desk
- Troubleshoots and resolves classroom issues in a timely fashion
- Utilizes ticketing system to create, update, document and close assigned lassroom and help desk tickets in a timely fashion
- Installs and updates computer software and hardware in the classrooms
- Trains faculty and staff on the proper use of equipment in the classrooms and related software
- Works with faculty/IS staff to implement new classroom technologies and improve utilization of existing equipment
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and potential impact on the University
- Keeps documentation up to date on changes made in the classrooms
- Works on assigned projects as directed by the Director of Client Services
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
2-5 years’ experience working with audio visual equipment, including microphones, sound systems, projectors, TV displays, podium, etc.
1 to 3 years of video conferencing experience with Cisco/Tandberg systems including Tandberg Management Suite, MXP and C series codecs, MCU bridges, Tandberg Content and Video Communication Servers
2-5 years of technical support experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast pace environment
1 -3 years’ experience working with Windows 7 and 8 operating system, Microsoft Office, TurningPoint and Bomgar remote support software
Ability to receive and understand instructions and carry out those instructions
Promote an environment conducive to respect and accountability at all times
Ability to accept and use constructive feedback from colleagues and supervisors
Project a positive image of the depart/program/school and the University
Exercise an appropriate chain of command when needing to address issues/concerns
Strong organizational skills and attention to details for documenting procedures
Ability to interact with faculty/staff/students of all technical backgrounds and professional levels
Knowledge of networking technologies including IP addresses and VLANs
Ability to be mobile between classrooms, building, and office areas
Requires ability to walk, sit, stand, stoop, and lift up to 40 lbs
Requires ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure
Ability to be on site for scheduled work hours
Ability to drive between campuses as required
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a substantial contribution toward the cost of medical and dental insurance, generous time off benefits, and a significant pension plan contribution. To learn more about our total rewards, please visit MCPHS Total Rewards.
Please attach a cover letter and a resume. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.