The Utility associate is responsible for various services to include but not limited to cleaning equipment, floors, workstations, utensils, pots and pans using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards; checking ice levels, keg beers, bib sodas and Co2 containers and replace if necessary; loading and unloading supply trucks; and more.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: HMSHost
HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. - the world's largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, HMSHost is a recognized industry leader who creates innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, HMSHost uses their experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional and international brands.
HMSHost has more than 300 international, regional, local and proprietary brands in its portfolio including exclusive relationships with hundreds of consumer favorites such as Starbucks, Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless, California Pizza Kitchen, Beaudevin Wine Bar, Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi, Chili's Too, and Tim Horton's to name a few.
Position Description: Utility Associate
The Utility associate is a full-time role and is responsible for various services to include but not limited to cleaning equipment, floors, workstations, utensils, pots and pans using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards; checking ice levels, keg beers, bib sodas and Co2 containers and replace if necessary; loading and unloading supply trucks; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Cook, Assistant Manager or the Store Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Cleans equipment which may include work tables, refrigerators, meat blocks and other equipment
- Cleans utensils, pots and pans by washing them by hand or place them in a dishwashing machine
- Returns clean utensils, pots and pans to their proper places
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and buffs floors using heavy equipment
- Cleans walls, windows and steam cleans trashcans
- Stocks, dates, rotates and checks temperature of product Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or hand truck
- Loads and unloads supply trucks
- Follows all security and safety procedures established by the Company Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge,
Required Skills, and Work Environment
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents
- Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Shifts will vary over the hours of 3:30am - 8:00pm.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly pay
- Full benefits package
- Travel stipend
- Advancement opportunities
O'Hare Airport - easily accessible by public transit
HMS Host is a(n)
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)
- Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland's Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.