This is a contingent position based on contract award and funding from the customer.
Summary of essential job functions:
The Cleared American Guard (CAG) is professionally trained to protect the security integrity of the construction site and responsible for protection of building materials, furniture, fixtures, and other items. CAGs will perform access control functions at all vehicle and pedestrian entrances to the site on a 24/7 basis throughout the construction or project period.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Screens all non-cleared workers, vehicles, and equipment entering or exiting the project site.
- Denies introduction of prohibited materials such as explosives, weapons, electronic devices, or other items as specified by the Accrediting Official (AO) or designee.
- Conducts random inspections of all site areas to ensure no prohibited materials have been brought on to the site.
- Ensures that all suspicious materials or incidents be brought to the attention of the site security manager or construction surveillance technician.
- Monitors all non-cleared guards provided by the construction company.
- Maintains and operates the Secure Storage Area (SSA) established by the assigned construction company within the construction site footprint where they will store construction materials and equipment that will be used for the project.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must possess the ability to exercise discretion and good judgment to make logical and effective decisions.
- Willing to be flexible regarding hours and respond quickly to time-sensitive or urgent requirements.
- Consistently demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness loyalty and commitment.
- Ability to create and maintain positive working relationships.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Requires an active TOP Secret clearance.
- Requires 3 years I don't know where 6 months came about six (6) months experience in a security field. Candidates with overseas experience are preferred.
- Selected candidates will be sponsored for required 40-hour CAG training. Candidates with active CAG certification are preferred.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to continuously walk, stand and move about.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Ability to work in harsh, outdoor climatic conditions including potential exposure to adverse weather, fumes, dust, extreme temperatures, noise, and other environmental hazards.