Purpose and Scope
Supports an organization or department by performing secretarial and clerical services for school locations. Assist management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
Essential Job Functions
Requires a High School diploma or GED, and 2+ years experience in a relevant area for a total education/experience of 2 years.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group setting
- Result oriented
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity
- Ethically; upholds school system values
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback
- Monitors own work to ensure quality
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
Shelby County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the district to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.