Supports an organization or department by performing secretarial and clerical services for school locations. Assist management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
- Provides general clerical and secretarial support for programs and project.
- Prepares various reports detailing the administrative information handled by the position. Prepare basic correspondence; order supplies and cover telephones for school location.
- Identifies issues or problems and seek assistance from higher level personnel or management.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports, as needed.
- Provides secretarial and clerical support, performing such duties as scheduling meetings and appointments, compiling data for reports, making travel and accommodations arrangements for staff.
- Composes, prepares, types, copies, files, processes, mails and/or transmits various routine documents, which may include forms, correspondence, memos, presentation materials, reports and other documents.
- Maintains efficient record-keeping systems.
- May provide technical and clerical assistance in the preparation of assigned budgets; may monitor expenditures, process invoices, process payroll, reconcile accounts, and prepare related financial records and reports.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Receives and responds to basic inquiries, routine requests for assistance and concerns from other District departments, schools, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public.
- May perform specialized duties particular to assigned department.
- Attends staff, committee and District meetings as required.
- Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Requires a High School diploma or GED, and 2+ years experience in a relevant area for a total education/experience of 2 years.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group setting
- Result oriented
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity
- Ethically; upholds school system values
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback
- Monitors own work to ensure quality
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
Shelby County Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the district to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.