Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Coordinates clerical activities and supports patient services utilizing clinical information systems to ensure accurate preparation and processing of patient documents, verify status information and confirm communications for doctors, nurses, patients, and family members to ensure effective operations of the unit.
- Must have one year of healthcare experience; OR, must have one year of related clerical experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Prefer National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) certification.
May be required to have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
- Must have SAMA certification, level 1-2 or must obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to successfully pass a Customer Service test, Spelling test, and Basic Computer Skills test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must be able to type 20 words-per-minute with a maximum of three errors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to complete the Health Unit Coordinator checklist within three months of employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.