Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health!
This is what we were meant to do - Together!Office registering, schedule and perform related processing duties for all patients/clients being served by BHI programming.Behavioral Health Service Coordinator will register, schedule and perform related processing duties for all patients/clients being served by BHI programming in coordinating services with physician offices, occupational client companies and hospital ancillary areas. Provides insurance verification, cashier, registration, financial assistant information/assistance, reconciliation of visit activity, accurate posting of charges and related clerical support duties. Position is responsible for verifying entry of data into the practice management system to ensure availability of information for healthcare professionals in the provision of care and maximum reimbursement.
- Completion of registration, scheduling and related processing duties for all patients in BHI programming in coordinating services with physician offices, occupational client companies and hospital ancillary areas.
- Provides insurance verification, cashier, registration, financial assistant information/assistance, reconciliation of visit activity, accurate posting of charges and related clerical support duties.
- Provides information regarding self determination to patients and/or significant others and document any existing advance directives, obtains proper releases
- Verifying entry of data into the practice management system to ensure availability of information for healthcare professionals in the provision of care and maximum reimbursement.
- Process all batch gathering responsibilities and forward batches to Med 3000 for charge entry until we assume on-site charge entry responsibility
- Collects co-pays and payments from clients and uses appropriate communication skills to explain policy while being sensitive to client concerns. Upon completion of interview, expresses appreciation for the client visit and directs and/or escorts client to the appropriate area of service in an accommodating and timely manner
- Completes daily cash balancing sheet and payment control log and process per current policy
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GED
2 Year/ Associates Degree
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year previous demonstrated work experience in the areas of scheduling, registration, typing/keyboarding, computer skills, patient billing, and/or medical insurance processing required. Should have at least one year of patient contact involving the resolution of patient/client issues.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Should have at least one year of patient contact involving the resolution of patient/client issues. Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience, preferably in a medical office is highly desired. One to three years in a substance abuse/mental health setting preferred
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more
cheduled Weekly Hours:
Days (United States of America)
MMH Mercy Reach Treatment
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.Compensation & Benefits
EEO is the Law
FMLA Rights - EnglishLa FMLA Español
- Paid Holidays
- Health Care On Site
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- On Site Cafeteria
- Merchandise Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedules
- Gym Memberships
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Life Insurance
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Performance bonus
- Employee Events
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation/paid time off
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage