Clerical Support Associate *PER DIEM*
-Performs receptionist/secretarial duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of the unit. Maintains unit supply inventory.
- Performs receptionist duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of the unit.
- Answers telephone, takes accurate messages, and reports any issues to Registered Nurse and/or Patient Care Manager.
- Admits patients to unit. Labels and obtains addressograph plate, and places patients in census book and census sheet.
- Responds to patients on the intercom system and promptly relays information to appropriate staff member.
- Directs patients, physicians, visitors and staff to appropriate areas in a polite, friendly, courteous and informative manner.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments for patient tests and procedures.
- Notifies Patient Registration of any change in the census resulting from newly assigned/transferred/discharged patients.
- Coordinates room assignments with Patient Registration. Maintains/changes patient records to reflect re-assignment. Notifies appropriate staff when patient’s room is ready.
- Serves as a liaison with various hospital departments (i.e. Dietary, Environmental Services, Central Services, Staffing Office, etc.) and submits work orders/ requests, as needed.
- Performs secretarial duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of the unit.
- Transcribes physician’s orders to appropriate documents according to policy.
- Enters significant patient data into the computer information system (i.e. testing requests, reports, procedures, referrals, admissions, transfers, discharges, diet orders, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains medical records. Ensures admission consents and cytology forms are complete and filed appropriately.
- Completes medical record upon patient discharge. Ensures medical record is delivered to the Medical Records department within four (4) hours of patient discharge.
- Maintains various unit records, i.e., census sheets, etc.
- Gathers volume indicators for performance improvement activities and compiles statistics for reporting
- Maintains unit supply inventory. Orders and restocks office supplies and patient care items with respect to the guidelines/par levels for the unit.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of six (6) months related clerical or appropriate business experience, required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology as it relates to the specific unit, preferred.
- Data entry skills, preferred.
- Ability to transcribe physician orders, preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English, required.
Finance Job Family: CLE_AD
Job: General Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: Nassau County-Manhasset-North Shore University Hospitl
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time: 7:00 AM-3:00 PM
Job Level: Team Member