Chair, Department of Otolaryngology
The Cleveland Clinic, one of the worlds most distinguished academic medical centers in the U.S., announces a search for a Chair of the Department of Otolaryngology for Cleveland Clinic Florida Weston. The Otolaryngology Department includes staff with specialized interests in laryngology, otology, head and neck surgery, and other areas. The department includes otolaryngology clinics (Weston, Coral Springs and, West Palm Beach), Speech Pathology services (Weston and Coral Springs), and comprehensive Audiology services (Weston). The Otolaryngology department in Florida is aligned with the Head and Neck Institute in Ohio.
The Chair will be responsible for overall leadership of the department, including operational, fiscal, academic, and quality improvement issues. The department chair will work with the Florida center director of surgical specialties and the Ohio institute chair to develop, implement and monitor care-pathways and research and educational programs throughout CC Florida sites.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
- Embrace the clinical culture of Patients First and focus on Access, Quality, Safety and Patient Experience
- Strong leadership skills and experience of successfully managing and mentoring physicians and non physicians
- Develop regional alliances/networks and actively participate in CC Florida strategic planning
- Lead the department into national and international recognition as a tertiary care resource
- Mentor staff and trainees to participate in leadership roles in ENT societies
- Outstanding communication skills to foster alignment with the Head and Neck Institute and the CC Florida leadership team with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary care
- Grow and develop the Otolaryngology strategic service lines with a major focus on cancer, laryngology, advance rhinology, sleep apnea and minimally invasive procedures.
- A faculty appointment at a rank commensurate with experience is available at Florida Atlantic University and Florida International University.
- Cleveland Clinic Florida ranked #1 in the Miami-Fort Lauderdale metropolitan area in the 2018-2019 annual survey of best hospitals by US News & World Report.
- Interested candidates, please include a current CV and cover letter with your application.
- Cleveland Clinic is a multi-specialty medical complex and regional health care system connected via common EMR and PACS system. Cleveland Clinic's institute model concentrates expertise into functional patient oriented disease-based centers to maximize delivery of patient care, collaboration and discovery.
- Staff within the Otolaryngology Department enjoy the unique opportunity for program and professional development while maintaining a robust connection to the clinical, research and administrative infrastructure of the Cleveland Clinic Health System. Patient care, research, and teaching commitments will be balanced by candidates' professional interests and program needs. Academic appointments and research program development are available and encouraged.