Client Administrator - Life Health, Fixed Term - 43093
Gallagher Bassett (GB) is New Zealand's premier third party administrator. We manage group insurance plans and claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured organisations. We are part of the leading global risk management and insurance group Arthur J Gallagher Co, with over 26,000 great people worldwide in over 140 countries.
Through a team geographically dispersed throughout New Zealand, GB provides a suite of claims management and related services out of offices located in Auckland, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
We are proud to be one of 124 companies, from 19 countries and representing 52 industry categories, named on the Ethisphere Institute’s 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the seventh consecutive year.
We currently have a Client Administrator opportunity available within our Life and Health team. We are looking for someone to be responsible for the administration of a portfolio of group life and health insurance plans across a range of New Zealand’s leading insurers. You will develop excellent relationships with insurers, advisers and their clients and take an active role in the continuous improvement of processes within the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited t
- The provision of excellent day-to-day service to your own client portfolio (in relation to all aspects of operational client service);
- Maintaining a full understanding of our policies, processes and systems;
- Development towards a full understanding of working relationships with insurers, advisers and their clients;
- Actively contributing to initiatives and driving growth or improvement, both personally and across the organisation;
- Accurate and timely processing of all member movements and renewals; and
- Accurate and timely management of cash and claims functions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in financial services administration;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience;
- Experience in client-facing roles, with excellent customer service skills;
- Communication effectiveness / demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated time-management, organisational and negotiation skills;
- Medical knowledge is advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrated computer literacy i.e. Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn new systems;
- Enthusiasm and initiative, with the willingness to contribute to a dynamic, professional and positive team environment.
- Must be proficient in microsoft excel
If you think you can make a positive difference to our business we want to hear from you today!
Click on Apply for this Job.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Agency candidates will not be considered for this role.