Mayrath & Company, PC, a North Dallas CPA firm of 40 years, needs a client manager with 10+ years experience to assume responsibility for client services. Future equity participation is expected. Must have public accounting experience reviewing, supervising, and planning jobs. Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of accounting and federal income taxation and be able to assist client's in structuring transactions to minimize tax consequences. This position requires forward thinking, as well as, managing staff and client processes.
Our clients are small family businesses and individuals with a concentration in services, real estate and oil and gas. We perform a full range of accounting, financial and tax services with a primary focus on providing value for our services through planning, rather than compiling documents after the fact.Job Purpose:
Develops and implements client tax/financial plans, manages both staff and client processes and engagements; recommends accounting designed tax strategies, develops new business; supervises staff and be a happy member of our team.
* Accomplishes practice human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves practice operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to practice strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets practice financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Accomplishes engagements by planning and supplying resources; determining project deadlines; reviewing and approving recommendations and solutions.
* Recommends tax strategies, plans, and solutions by understanding client's business requirements; researching and tracking economic, political, and legislative trends affecting and potentially affecting client's business; identifying, reviewing, and researching federal, state, local, and foreign taxation issues.
* Interviews and organizes federal, state, local, and foreign tax documents by approving preparation of work papers, positions, schedules, returns, and IRS filings, including those for subsidiaries; reviewing payroll, property, and sales and use, and income taxes.
* Improves client tax administration by recommending procedures, guidelines, systems, documentation, and reporting to federal, state, local, and foreign authorities.
* Manages client engagement expectations by communicating engagement status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; approving reports.
* Develops business by expanding existing relationships with clients; participating in civic, business, and professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and analyzing new legislation; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Contributes to tax team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Tax, Financial Skills, Financial Planning and Strategy, Analyzing Information, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Managing Profitability, Planning, Happy
Incentive Based Compensation