What you’ll be doing...
As a Client Partner – Business Development at Verizon, you'll play a key role in driving the growth in government accounts. You’ll act as a resource for all things government sales, providing long-range strategic planning for growth of major accounts, managing C-level relationships, and providing industry-specific knowledge. You’ll also provide competitive intelligence, position Verizon competitively, and provide guidance regarding product management and marketing.
You’ll also architect and execute strategic plans to ensure Verizon solutions align with clients’ business challenges. You’ll provoke, uncover, nurture, and assist in closing complex, integrated solutions which enable clients to realize their objectives. You’ll educate government representatives on contract pricing and processes as well as solutions and sales strategies. You’ll collaborate with leaders, HQ, and Public Sector Marketing on strategy and coordinating events, activities, communication, and social media.
- Working with government sales teams to seek out new growth opportunities.
- Developing and providing expertise for all offerings, products, and services applicable to the government space.
- Educating sales teams on innovative solutions that address current and future customer needs.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to deliver on regional performance objectives.
- Meeting with elected officials and C-level executives in agencies to establish and foster executive sponsorship in the Verizon-Agency relationship.
- Building trusting relationships with customers.
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities and engaging cross-functional resources to position Verizon for success.
- Responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Negotiating contracts and managing them to completion.
- Building customer reference databases and collecting referenceable accounts.
- Presenting to various audiences at executive meetings, customer demos, and trade shows.
- Utilizing sales force automation, funnel management, and prospecting tools to develop business.
- Using social media to promote Verizon’s solutions in partnership with reference accounts.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification.
- Experience working successfully within a matrixed organization.
- Experience establishing and fostering relationships with C-level executives.
- Experience providing thought leadership to major public sector clients.
- Experience developing a sales force and training and re-engineering for solutions-based selling.
- Experience consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A master’s degree in a relevant technical, engineering, or business area.
- Sold technology/IT services to government agencies
- Proficiency in contract management and procurements processes.
- Demonstrated industry/segment expertise and insight.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to facilitate and present information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience using social media in a professional setting.
- Experience serving as a consultant to federal government agencies.
- Experience negotiating contracts with closure of at least five hundred million in revenue.
- Experience developing business cases based on TCO/ROI/ROIC techniques.
- Strong existing network and credibility within civilian government accounts
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Client Solutions Director